29 Mar 2018
|Salary: USD 550 before taxation
Duty station: Kyiv
1. Support the Country Finance Manager (CFM) in budget preparation and contractual review
2. Consolidate and follow-up the Financial Internal Control tools and Financial Reporting for the Mission
3. Under the CFM responsibility, train the Finance Teams on ACTED procedures, processes & methodologies
DUTIES & RESPONSABILITIES
1. Budget preparation and contractual review
a. Upon request of the CFM prepare budgets by gathering information from the relevant departments to consolidate budgets for project proposals according to project/mission needs and donor constraints; propose sufficient programme and support budgets including mission’s investment plans in close link with country coordination. Ensure the financial feasibility of projects, respecting ACTED and donor’s rules and deadlines
b. Whenever a new contract from a donor is received prepare a contract sheet clarifying all the financial rules applicable for the CFM validation (eligibility, flexibility, etc.)
c. Before ACTED signs an agreement with an Implementing Partner:
§ support the IP Due Diligence Assessment Framework consolidation process.
§ Support the CFM in preparing the MoU.
2. Implementation and Follow-Up of Financial tools
a. Accounting Flows (by the 15th of each month and upon request): support monthly reporting consolidation process and review
1. Check that the cash and bank balances in SAGA match the cashbook and the physical cash in the safe/bank statement. In case of discrepancy, identify the reasons of the gap and correct it.
2. Check that the flows are well cross-referenced and lettered.
3. Check the level of open advances and loans and evaluate the financial risk for ACTED, if any.
b. Cost Analysis (between the 10th and 15th of each month and upon request)
1. Contribute in update the Running Costs follow-up tool and conduct market surveys upon request of the CFM.
2. Contribute in update the Allocation Tables (monthly and upon new contract signature as well).
3. Contribute in update other expenses follow-up tool and suggest potential reallocations to the CFM.
4. Upon request, present a cost analysis of the mission to CFM and CD to support the decision making process.
c. Allocations (between the 10th and 15th of each month and upon request)
1. Follow up of ACTED’s resources allocation per project at country level.
2. Upon request, present a memo on the mission’s resources allocations to the CFM.
d. Budget Control and Funding Structure (between the 10th and 15th of each month and upon request)
2. Provide an analysis of ACTED resources to be funded on new proposal.
3. Identify funding gaps and risks.
e. Staff salary payment preparation
2.2 Financial Reporting preparation and support
c. Plan, consolidate, draft & crosscheck with Project Develoment Departement (PDD) financial reports when required (ad’hoc, interim and final), respecting contractual deadlines and rules such as flexibility, eligibility and liquidation period, etc.;
3. Participation to the Midyear and Annual Accounting Closures process
a. Under the supervision of the CFM, support the preparation of the Year Closure (V1) (Cleaning and lettering of advances, transfers, changes, checking of local instalments) to ensure that flows are closed in a timely manner;
b. Under the supervision of the CFM, support the preparation of the Year Closure (V2) (Final reports, SAGA allocations checking, reallocations, instalments from donors and cash tracking, other expences review) to ensure a smooth freezing of the accounts.
4. Training and Capacity Building
b. Support the finance and administration teams in the mastering of financial documents, accounting software SAGA:
§ Contribute to the global efficiency enhancement of the teams.
§ Perform trainings on financial management to local partners.
Applications should be submitted to the following address: email@example.com with the title or reference of the position (e-mails without mentioned position will be not considered) in the subject of the E-mail. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview. ACTED is equal opportunity employer.