10 Jan 2018
Position: REACH GIS Assistant
Duty station: Kyiv
Salary: UAH 19 700
- Data processing/Data transformation activities
The REACH GIS Assistant will support overall GIS activities in Ukraine. In close coordination with the GIS Officer, the incumbent will support the development of databases, maps and web platforms for REACH and its partners. Furthermore, he/she will support the assessment team in the collection and management of spatial datasets, verification, cleaning, and updating of the collected data. He/she will monitor the accuracy of collected data.
- GIS activities
The REACH GIS Assistant will streamline processing and analysis of raw data to mapped end products. At the field level, he/she will participate in the support of REACH program products regarding GIS. By doing so, he/she will participate in the continued development of interactive based mapping tools at the field level and ensure the update process from the field to interactive publishing is organized and well documented.
- Internal Communication Processes
The REACH GIS Assistant will work closely with REACH GIS Officer in country and liaise with IMPACT in Geneva to guarantee a quality product that suits the needs of the field office when required.
- Confidentiality and Data Protection
The REACH GIS Assistant will maintain the strictest confidentiality of data and processes. He/she will actively take measures to prevent the unauthorized sharing of information and data
- Full working proficiency in English required;
- Master degree or equivalent experience in Information Systems, Geography/GIS or a relevant discipline;
- Good experience with the following technologies:
- ArcGIS or QGIS is a must;
- MS Excel (Advanced usage of formulas, Pivot tables);
- Familiarity with any of the scripting languages for data analysis and processing (R, Python etc.) is an asset
- Experience with ArcOnline, Carto, Mapbox is an asset
- Experience in the area of web application development (D3.js, Leaflet) is a strong asset
- 1-2 years of experience in DB, GIS, preferably in humanitarian context is an asset
- Good organizational, communication and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to think creatively in terms of tool and process development;
- Flexibility and adaptability to ever-changing needs and responsibilities;
- Ability to work independently with little external support;
- Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills;
- Familiarity with the aid system and understanding of donor and governmental requirements is an asset.
Applications, in English, should include a CV and a cover letter.
Applications should be submitted no later than January 19 at 18:00 to the following addresses: firstname.lastname@example.org with the title or reference of the position (e-mails without mentioned position will be not considered) in the subject of the E-mail. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview. ACTED/REACH is equal opportunity employer.