18 Mar 2019
The humanitarian aid organizations “Medicos del Mundo” and “Ärzte der Welt” are the Spanish and German division of the international network Médecins du Monde/Doctors of the World (MdM). MDM has been operating in Ukraine since August 2015 and is currently implementing an emergency response and recovery program in the Eastern part of Ukraine. The program is implemented around two main components: direct delivery of services through multidisciplinary mobile units (including PHC, SRH, MHPSS and support to GBV survivors); strengthening of local health system (with a specific focus on PHC, SRH, MHPSS and GBV) through capacity building of health and non-health staff, awareness raising and advocacy.
For our program in Ukraine, to support our activities, we are looking for Administrative Officer based in Bakhmut.
Under the direct supervision of the Field Coordinator and the technical supervision of the Administrative Coordinator, the incumbent will carries following responsibilities:
• Accountancy and reporting under Ukrainian standards and legislation,
• Accountancy under MdM standards,
• Administration of Human Resources
• Other administrative tasks
Cash flow management and monthly accountancy
• Preparing organizing and controlling payment of expenses related to the daily operation of the MdM programs, after verification that purchase procedures are respected.
• Prepare and archive all necessary documents for accountancy in accordance with both MdM procedures and Ukrainian standards and legislation.
• Day to day accountancy through the MdM accountancy’s software WINPACCS in accordance to the accountancy and budgetary framework and MdM written procedures.
• Ensure a weekly check of the cashbox.
• Manage advances.
• Estimation of the base’s needs for funds and submission fund requests to Administrative Coordinator.
• To ensure the reliability of data.
• Prepare all primary documents needed for accountancy and reporting on request of Administrative Officer, Kyiv or Administrative Coordinator.
• Control collection and recording of all data needed for staff payments.
• Calculation staff salaries amounts and preparation of payments related.
• Management of the administrative archive in the mission.
• Keep the workplace and equipment used in clean and working condition.
• Constantly work to improve their educational and professional level, be disciplined.
• Perform other tasks from supervisor relating to its work.
• On request of the Administrative Coordinator and/or the Field Coordinator prepare forecasts, estimations and reports for the budget follow-up on a monthly basis: forecast and expenses monitoring according to annual reference budget and financing plan.
• On request of the Administrative Coordinator and/or the Field Coordinator prepare reports for budget’s analysis (check over/under consumption) for project management decisions.
• On request of the Administrative Coordinator and/or the Field Coordinator prepare forecasts, estimations for the preparation of new proposal with reference to financial matters (budget construction, financial parts, etc.).
• On request of the Administrative Coordinator and/or the Field Coordinator prepare data needed for the preparation of the annual budget of the mission according to MDM procedures (mission budget, treasury plan, allocation board, etc.).
Human Resource Administration Management
• Organize keeping the national staff database and personal files update on a monthly basis.
• Prepare and control payments of salaries and legal contributions to the relevant authorities on a monthly basis.
• Assist the Administrative Coordinator in implementing and keeping up to date Conditions of Employment, Internal Regulations and salary scales.
• Ensure new staff benefit from briefing (security, program, team presentation) and ensure administrative briefing (MdM conditions of employment, job description, MdM rules).
• Update contracts when necessary with Administrative Coordinator management.
• Publishing of job advertisements and following up with candidates with prior validation of the Field Coordinator and/or Administrative Coordinator.
• Management of security envelopes if needed.
• Prepare drafts of contracts (initial or renewal) and give them for validation to Administrative Coordinator.
• Control the leave follow up updated.
• Ensure the correct monthly update of national staff statement.
• File all HR documents, with special care given to staff files archiving.
• Following up and update national staff HR’s administrative archives: personal documents, leaves follow up, payment sheets, etc.
• Following up on legal requirements regarding international staff (visa/residency permit/pass).
• Update HR expats data base.
Legal and administrative management
• Facilitate the link between MdM and the national and local authorities: Ministry of Social Policy, Ministry of Finance, Ministry of Health, etc.
• Anticipate and ensure renewal of all administrative agreements, licenses, permits, authorizations and privileges granted to MdM by the various authorities.
• Facilitate the exchange of information and ensure smooth communication process between the different administrative and logistics departments and with other NGO’s.
• Contribute to the preparation of the monthly report on administrative activities.
Others & Reporting
• On request of the Administrative Coordinator and/or the Field Coordinator participate in coordination meetings and trainings if it does not affect the main duties.
• On request of the Administrative Coordinator and/or the Field Coordinator translate verbally and by written when necessary if it does not affect the main duties.
• Perform other additional activities that do not contradict this job description and deadlines for reports on request of Administrative Coordinator and/or Field Coordinator.
Minimum level of competency:
• Minimum education level: Accountancy/Finance/HR diploma.
• Minimum 2 years accounting/finance/HR experience.
• Experience at similar position in NGO will be considered an advantage.
• Good knowledge of Ukrainian Labor, Accounting, and Tax Legislation.
Language and computer skills:
• English / Russian / Ukrainian (fluent writing and speaking);
• Competency in Microsoft Office Environment;
• Confident user of accounting software
• Ability to work quickly, under pressure, and with short deadlines
• Necessity to manage priorities and to adapt them daily according to the context
• Flexibility to adapt to changing requirements
• Cultural sensitivity and ability to work in a multi-cultural environment-
• Ability to listen and share decisions
• Sense of humor
• Team player
• Alignment with principles and ethics of Medicos del Mundo
• Fixed term contract until the 31/12/2019 with possible extension (depends on successful performance and availability of funds);
• Salary according to the MDM salary Grid;
• Medical insurance.
• Full -time job
• Location: Bakhmut
Send CV and motivation letter in English to the address below: email@example.com with the reference: ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICER
Only shortlisted candidates will be invited to the interview.
Deadline for applications – 31/03/2019