29 Oct 2018
Kiev with regular visits to Severodonetsk and other field locations.
MdM – Ukraine, Kiev
MDM is an international humanitarian organization whose mission is to provide medical care for the most vulnerable populations, the world over. It seeks to stimulate voluntary commitment from doctors, other health care providers, and from those whose expertise in other fields is needed for its activities, to enlist all competent support required for the achievement of its projects, and to seek at all times to encourage close working relationships with populations in its care.
To lead the advocacy efforts in Ukraine, we are looking for an Advocacy Coordinator, based in Kiev (national or international). The Advocacy Coordinator leads the design of the advocacy strategy for the Ukraine mission as well as designs and implements the annual advocacy action plan. He/She is in charge of coaching and managing the Advocacy Officer. He/She is also playing a strong role in external communication, especially communication in media.
Advocacy in MDM is evidenced-based, meaning that we rely on our field work to build our advocacy messages. Therefore, the Advocacy Coordinator is in close relation with the field team, in particular regarding data collection and reporting. Considering that different organizations (both national and international) are involved in advocacy in Ukraine, and that MdM is part of a Consortium with a strong advocacy component, coordination and a participatory approach is an essential component of the position.
THE ADVOCACY COORDINATOR CARRIES FOLLOWING RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Propose a comprehensive advocacy action plan for the mission, including activities such as press releases, contacts with parliamentarians, events, reports etc. in coordination with HQ advocacy expert.
* Develop a communication strategy accompanying the advocacy actions in coordination with HQ communication department.
* Monitor closely and analyze the political environment as well as the latest developments in the field and react to events or adapt the advocacy strategy accordingly.
* Support the teams in collecting adequate and reliable information and feedback to be used in advocacy activities.
* Produce advocacy material, such as reports and factsheets, highlighting the different advocacy messages.
* Develop and maintain a strong network with representatives of the Ukrainian society, such as NGOs, governmental actors, press, universities, media etc.
* Represent MdM actively in coordination groups and relevant advocacy working groups.
* Strengthen current partnerships with local partners especially in advocacy.
* Train and manage the Advocacy Officer.
* Capacity Building of MdM staff in Advocacy
HIERARCHICAL & FUNCTIONAL LINKS:
* The Advocacy Coordinator reports directly to the General Coordinator. She/he manages directly the Advocacy Officer in Kiev and implements the advocacy strategy in Kiev and in the Luhansk oblast (GCA) with the technical support of the country coordination team (medical coordinator, mental health coordinator, logistics coordinator, administrative coordinator).
YOUR PROFESSIONAL PROFILE:
* Master degree in International Relations, Humanitarian Aid, Public Health, or equivalent,
* Minimum of 5 years’ experience in Advocacy work, preferably for an INGO, NGO or Governmental organization. Engagement in a national health reform process and experience in post-Soviet countries are strong assets,
* At least two years’ experience at a senior management level with demonstrable ability to lead a team,
* Proven experience of engaging with and influencing decision-makers whilst utilizing sound political judgment and sensitivity,
* Exceptional communication, representative and persuasive skills, both orally and visually,
* Experience documenting case studies from the field and lessons learned,
* Proficient management of MS-Office, emailing software and social networks.
* Skills in graphic design, video and photo editing and web development application are an asset,
* Knowledge of data analysis and documentation for advocacy purposes,
* Fluency in English (written and verbally). Ukrainian and Russian are strong assets.
YOUR PERSONAL PROFILE:
* Capacity of analysis and synthesis;
* Capacity of strategic thinking;
* Capacity to take initiatives and propose innovative solutions;
* Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills, working with different groups, partners and nationalities.
You are committed to MdM’s values.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
* Starting date: as soon as possible
* Length of the contract: 12 months
* Duty station: Kiev with regular visits to Severodonetsk and other field locations.
* Salary according to the MDM salary Grid
* Medical insurance