24 Apr 2019
Kyiv with regular travels to Donbas region
Duration: 6 months with possibility of extension
Contract start date: July 1st, 2019
Under the supervision of the Country Director, the Advocacy Expert is responsible for ensuring that PIN and ACCESS Consortium advocacy initiatives are designed and implemented in a strategic, result-oriented manner. Advocacy Expert closely cooperates with Advocacy and Communications Department and with the Head of the ACCESS Consortium.
Description of general responsibilities:
- Definition, development and implementation of PIN advocacy strategy in Ukraine, in line with PIN Country Strategy and in close cooperation with programs, with the support of the HQ CAD department (30%);
- Leading the advocacy of the ACCESS Consortium, in close coordination with all partners (40%);
- Contribution to advocacy discussions, strategies definition and activities implementation by other actors, in particular NGO Forum Advocacy Coordination Platform (20%);
- Ensure that PIN and ACCESS communication products reflect the advocacy messages of PIN (10%).
Specific duties and responsibilities:
Objective 1: Definition, development and implementation of PIN advocacy strategy in Ukraine, in line with PIN Country Strategy and in close cooperation with programs, with the support of the HQ CAD department (30%). Tasks:
- Support, develop and coordinate the Advocacy Annex of PIN Country Strategy in line with the country strategy, in close cooperation with the programs’ team, and also supporting the coordination with PIN HRD department as requested;
- Ensure that PIN advocacy messages are based on field evidence and spread to key stakeholders in Ukraine and at the international level, and help voice key concerns about the rights, needs and aspirations of communities;
- Ensure that PIN Ukraine advocacy objectives and activities are aligned with PIN global advocacy objectives, and help support, promote or scale them up;
- Ensure direct implementation of PIN advocacy activities;
- Support and enhance advocacy capacity in PIN Ukraine mission;
- To contribute to proposals writing processes in terms of development of advocacy activities (narrative, budget);
- Support donor and internal reporting on advocacy activities and budget.
Objective 2: Leading the advocacy of the ACCESS Consortium, in close coordination with all partners (40%). Tasks:
- Lead the review of ACCESS Consortium advocacy strategy (re-defining objectives if needed), by identifying the capacity and added value of ACCESS Advocacy based on its activities, its members’ outreach, and the work of other existing platforms, in close cooperation with ACCESS Consortium partners;
- Leading the implementation of advocacy activities by ACCESS Consortium as a group (international events, briefings in-country, advocacy trips, development of advocacy messages, etc.);
- Act as a focal point of the ACCESS Advocacy Working Group;
- Ensuring the consistency of partners’ advocacy activities with ACCESS Advocacy Strategy and ACCESS Advocacy Messages;
- Ensuring the coordination of Advocacy reporting among ACCESS partners with advocacy capacity.
Objective 3: Contribution to advocacy discussions, strategies definition and activities implementation by other actors, in particular NGO Forum Advocacy Coordination Platform (20%). Tasks:
- To represent PIN at the NGO Forum Advocacy Coordination Platform, its strategy discussions, its monthly members meetings, and its thematic working groups, by contributing to the definition of objectives and implementation of activities when in line with PIN and ACCESS Consortium strategic objectives;
- To support the representation of PIN in advocacy fora in coordination with Country Director and program colleagues: UN Agencies meeting, HCTs, advocacy working groups, ad-hoc groups, diplomatic representations and donors meeting, etc. To report progress and minutes of meetings to the Country Director and relevant colleagues.
Objective 4: Ensure that PIN and ACCESS communication products reflect PIN/ACCESS advocacy messages (10%). Tasks:
- Reviewing communication materials developed by the communications team of PIN or ACCESS communications technical working group to ensure that they align with Advocacy messages;
- Coordinating regularly with the communications colleagues.
Required background and competences:
- Master’s degree in Law, Political Science, International Relations, Public Administration, or other relevant field
- 5+ years of work experience in a similar position, preferably in advocacy and in the NGOs/CSOs sector
- Sound understanding of the situation in eastern Ukraine;
- Very good understanding of the humanitarian and development sectors;
- Excellent understanding of public policies;
- Knowledge of law- and policy-making in Ukraine;
- Proficient management of MS-Office and social networks;
- Excellent analytical skills and strategic thinking;
- Strong communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills;
- Prior experience in public policy/advocacy/humanitarian/CSOs sectors;
- Proven experience of engaging and influencing decision-makers;
- Experience in the development of advocacy strategies and their implementation;
- High proficiency in English (written/oral); Russian and Ukrainian are strong assets.
Application procedure: Deadline: May 17th, 2019. Please send a CV and Motivation letter in English. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
Apply here: https://rabota.ua/company2813818/vacancy7618420
Salary: highly competitive, commensurate with experience and competences.