19 Mar 2018
arche noVa – initiative for people in need is a religiously independent non-profit- and non-governmental organization (NGO) from Germany working primarily in the field of humanitarian aid, rehabilitation and development. Our primary focus is Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH), but we also implement projects in Shelter, Health and Education sectors. The organization is based in Dresden, Germany, and is a member of Aktion Deutschland Hilft (ADH), the alliance of German aid organizations, and the Parit?tschen Wohlfahrtsverband. Since 1996 arche noVa bears the donation seal of the German Central Institute for Social Issues (DZI).
In Ukraine, arche noVa is implementing projects targeting people living in the contested areas who were affected by conflict. For the implementation of the arche noVa relief measures in the fields of Shelter, WASH and Education in Eastern Ukraine we are looking for a Deputy Project Coordinator (national position) based in Severodonetsk, Luhansk Oblast.
Position: Deputy Project Coordinator
Location: Severodonetsk, Luhansk Oblast
Position to be filled: ASAP (the interviews will be conducted on rolling basis)
Duration: 6-months contract
The Deputy Project Coordinator will:
- Support Project Coordinator in planning and monitoring project activities in the areas of implementation
- Support Project Coordinator in planning and monitoring the project budget
- With support of Logistics Department, ensure timely and adequate procurement
- Support Project Coordinator in technical overall supervision of the implemented activities
- Assist Project Coordinator in organization and coordination of needs assessments
- Ensure that implemented activities adhere to internal and external standards
- Assist Project Coordinator in drafting project-related internal and external reports
- Monitor project’s complaint and monitoring mechanism
- Support Project Coordinator in preparation of proposals and fundraising.
- Assist Project Coordinator in cooperation and coordination with local and national government representatives and stakeholders
- University degree in management, education, construction, engineering or relevant professional experience
- Project Cycle Management experience, in humanitarian relief context preferably
- Experience in other NGOs of at least two years
- Budget management experience
- Proven knowledge of SPHERE Standards
- Essential very good command of English, both written and spoken
- Very good knowledge of MS Office, especially Word, Excel and PPT
- Self-starter with high motivation for achievements
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities, deadlines, and tasks efficiently
- Excellent time management skills and resourcefulness with strong attention to detail.
- Well-developed organizational and planning skills
- Ability to work independently, as well as in the team
- Strong interpersonal, communication and networking skills
- Good understanding of the humanitarian principles
- Enthusiastic and eager to learn new things
- Experience in participation in needs assessment, beneficiary identification or household monitoring etc. will be an asset
- Track of successful proposal writing will be an asset
How to apply: Please send the following documents in English to firstname.lastname@example.org :
- cover letter
- salary offer (net)
- three referees with their complete contact information (e-mail, telephone)
Subject: Deputy Project Coordinator
Please note that the interviews will be conducted on rolling basis until the position has been filled-in.