14 Jun 2018
Sloviansk, Donetsk oblast
arche noVa – initiative for people in need is a religiously independent non-profit and non-governmental organisation (NGO) from Dresden, Germany working primarily in the field of humanitarian aid, rehabilitation and development. Our primary focus is Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH), but we also implement projects in Shelter and Health sectors. The organisation is based in Dresden, Germany, and is a member of Aktion Deutschland Hilft (ADH), the alliance of German aid organizations, and the Paritatschen Wohlfahrtsverband. Since 1996 arche noVa bears the donation seal of the German Central Institute for Social Issues (DZI).
In Ukraine, arche noVa has been implementing projects targeting people living in the contested areas in GCA, who were affected by conflict in Eastern Ukraine. For the implementation of the Project in the field of WASH, we are looking for a Logistics/Administrative Officer (national position) based in Severodonetsk, Lugansk Oblast.
Position to be filled: ASAP
Duration: 6 months, with possibility of extension
Location: Severodonetsk, Lugansk Oblast.
Responsibilities: The Logistics/Administrative Officer will:
* Support Procurement and Logistics Coordinator in conducting procurement related to the project implementation in accordance with internal and donor guidelines and Ukrainian regulations
* Manage timely office supply to avoid running out of stock
* Ensure that accurate procurement documentation is maintained both in hard and soft copies
* Provide quality and quantity control of the purchased products and services
* Ensure effective and efficient relationship with vendors
* Manage day to day logistics operations including preparing all the support documents
* Ensure safe and efficient transport of staff to the project locations
* Manage transport requests, as per the project needs of the daily staff movement
* Coordinate Driver’s movements, ensure proper tracking of vehicle movements and dispatch further checking of Logbooks filling.
* Manage all work related to travels and bookings in the project area;
* Serve as first point of contact to office visitors;
* Maintain all the equipment / systems in a proper condition
* Organize necessary repairs of tools, machinery and office equipment
* Follow up all services contracts to ensure timely payments required for smooth offices operation
* Support local staff with IT issues
* Assist Program team with preparing required documents.
* At least Bachelor degree in Logistic, Economics (finance), Administration or relevant field
* Essential previous working experience of at least one year on similar positions
* Essential good command of Russian and Ukrainian, both written and verbal, and good command of English
* High-level competency in computer skills (Microsoft Office applications)
* Working experience in an NGO is an asset
* Strong administrative skills including attention to details
* Ability to work in a team
* Ability to work under stress and meet deadlines
How to apply: Please send the following documents in English to firstname.lastname@example.org:
* cover letter
* salary offer (net)
* three referees with their complete contact information (e-mail, telephone)
Subject: Logistics/Administrative Officer
Please note that the interviews will be conducted on rolling basis until the position has been filled-in