16 Jan 2018
Position: Project Coordinator (national position)
Location: Sloviansk, Donetsk region
Position to be filled: ASAP
Duration: 12-months contract with possibility of extension (3 months of probation period)
arche noVa – initiative for people in need is a religiously independent non-profit- and non-governmental organization (NGO) from Germany working primarily in the field of humanitarian aid, rehabilitation and development. Our primary focus is Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH), but we also implement projects in Shelter and Education sectors. The organization is based in Dresden, Germany, and is a member of Aktion Deutschland Hilft (ADH), the alliance of German aid organizations, and the Parit?tschen Wohlfahrtsverband. Since 1996 arche noVa bears the donation seal of the German Central Institute for Social Issues (DZI).
In Ukraine, arche noVa is implementing projects targeting people living in the contested areas who were affected by conflict. For the implementation of the arche noVa relief measures in in Eastern Ukraine we are looking for a Project Coordinator (national position).
Project’s main objectives are:
- to increase the income generating potential of population of the intervention area through practical skills centers
- to improve living conditions and all season resilience of the population through rehabilitation of the houses damaged in armed conflict
- to improve water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH) conditions in public institutions through rehabilitation of existing infrastructure, installation of water treatment, equipment, etc.
- Planning and monitoring the project activities in the areas of implementation
- Planning and monitoring the project budget together with Finance and Admin Manager
- With support of Logistics Department, ensuring timely and adequate procurement
- Technical overall supervision of the implemented activities
- Organizing and coordinating needs assessments
- Preparing capacity building plan for local staff and partners
- Provision of accurate and timely project-related internal and external reports
- Monitoring project’s complaint and monitoring mechanism
- Staff management and capacity building
- Representing arche noVa in front of local communities, authorities and their counterparts, UN agencies and other non-governmental organizations
- Supporting Head of Mission in preparation of proposals and fundraising.
- Supporting Head of Mission in cooperation and coordination with local and national government representatives and stakeholders
- University degree in management, construction, engineering or relevant professional experience
- Project Cycle Management experience, in humanitarian relief context preferably
- Team management experience
- Budget management experience
- Proven track of successful proposal writing
- Experience in leading needs assessment, beneficiary identification or household monitoring etc.
- Very good knowledge of MS Office, especially Word, Excel and PPT
- Very good command of English, both written and spoken
- Self-starter with high motivation for achievements
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities, deadlines, and tasks efficiently
- Excellent time management skills and resourcefulness with strong attention to detail
- Well-developed organizational and planning skills
- Ability to work independently, as well as in the team
- Good understanding of the humanitarian principles
How to apply: Please send your CV and Cover letter in English including Reference contacts and salary expectations to:
Subject: Project Coordinator
Deadline for application: January 29, 2018
Please note that the interviews will be conducted on rolling basis and the position might be filled before January 29, 2018.
CVs without Cover Letter, including reference contacts and salary expectations, will not be considered.