07 Aug 2018
UKRAINE NGO FORUM
Ukraine NGO Forum is a membership organization that came into existence in the autumn of 2014, as a joint coordination, information sharing, advocacy and capacity building platform that encompass international as well as national NGO’s. While initially created as a primarily humanitarian platform, the NGO Forum is increasingly focusing on development activities.
POSITION GENERAL INFORMATION
- Position: Finance Officer
- Based in: Kyiv
- Starting date: October 2018
- Duration: 6 months with possible extension
- Employment: Part-time – 30% with a possible promotion to a full-time once financing is secured.
- Salary level: Part-time (30%): 224 – 248 USD |Full time: 745 – 825 USD
Under the overall supervision of the Director of Ukraine NGO Forum, the Finance Officer is in charge of organization’s finance, reporting and overseeing accounting
RESPONSIBILITIES & MAIN TASKS
- Review and approve all the bank and cash transactions and supporting documents (Payment vouchers) according to the organization’s policies and procedures
- Ensure all expenses are reasonable and appropriately authorized, in compliance with donors’ procedures and recorded on a daily basis
- Prepare funds requests and submit it to donors to ensure sufficient funds are on hand to pay for planned operational activities
- Update and monitor project budgets and follow-up with Project managers
- Develop project budgets for new project proposals according to project needs
- Deal with annual and project audits
- Prepare and submit financial reports on a monthly and quarterly basis depending on the donor’s requirements
- Make recommendations and update the organization’s financial policies and procedures
- Make procurements in a timely matter in accordance with Ukraine NGO Forum policies and procedures, in a transparent, accountable, efficient and cost-effective manner
- Ensure that all procurements are managed, tracked and recorded
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Language Skills: fluent level of English, Ukrainian and Russian
- Education Degree: University degree in Accounting and Finance or other relevant subjects
- Work experience: Minimum 2-3 years of experience as a Finance Officer in non-profit organizations
- Computer skills: Excellent MS Office and accounting software 1C.8.3 (for non-profit organizations)
- Ability to manage priorities, daily difficulties, work under stress and pressure
- Reliable, rigorous and well organized
HOW TO APPLY?
Interested candidates should submit their CV and cover letter including at least 2 reference contacts.
Applications should be sent before September 30th, 2018 to firstname.lastname@example.org