24 Apr 2019
Right to Protection (R2P) is a Ukrainian not-for profit organization operating in close partnership with the global NGO HIAS, one of the world’s oldest refugee aid organizations. Like HIAS, R2P is dedicated to protecting refugees who find themselves in Ukraine due to dire circumstances. Additionally, R2P ensures the protection and human rights of other vulnerable migrants – the conflict affected, the internally displaced (IDPs), the stateless, the undocumented and those at risk of statelessness. R2P’s key programmatic strengths are legal assistance, monitoring, advocacy as well as government and civil society capacity building. R2P has approximately 150 staff members working across Ukraine.
The Grant Writer will evolve and expand the programs by identifying funding opportunities for additional project activities for implementation by R2P. He or she will report to the Senior Advisor.
- Monitor, identify, and analyze potential funding opportunities and calls for proposals;
- Take the lead in coordinating the proposal creation process in conjunction with the programmatic, advocacy, leadership and finance/admin units;
- Serve as lead writer when formulating new concept notes, grant applications, statements of interest, logframes, and work plans;
- Assure the timely, accurate, and full submission of project proposal packages;
- In cooperation with the finance/admin and programming units, ensure that all vetting documentation are submitted and contractual requirements are complied with;
- Proactively work with various programmatic units to create a library of concept notes;
- Build capacity of other team members in grant writing/project formulation.
- University level of education;
- At least 2 years of work experience in grant writing/fundraising for NGOs;
- Familiarity with the project development for at least some of the major donors in Ukraine (UNHCR, Europe AID/ECHO, USAID, UNDP, GIZ, etc…)
- Excellent ability to communicate effectively in English, Russian, and Ukrainian, both verbally and in writing;
- Mature judgment combined with a proactive, energetic approach to problem solving;
- Strong organizational and time management skills;
- Ability to work independently and in teams and to meet deadlines.
- R2P will offer the successful applicant a contract in line with Ukrainian legislation, renewable dependent on funding and performance;
- Ability to make a difference in the lives of IDPs, conflict-affected persons, refugees, asylum seeker, and the stateless;
- Opportunity to work with one of the strongest Ukrainian human rights and humanitarian NGOs;
- Room for professional growth;
- Fun and energetic team;
- Respect for work/life balance.
filing an application