Help us to establish burnout prevention programs and trainings in Ukraine!
For more than 2 years the military conflict continues in Donetsk and Luhansk oblast’ by dividing territory of Ukraine, displacing more than 1,5 million people and leaving other people without access to basic needs such as water, shelter, health care and social protection. National and international NGOs including initiative groups and volunteers became first, second and third in supporting conflict affected population at the emergency and early recovery stages. Local NGOs, volunteers and initiative groups were those who have reached people in the basements and bomb-shelters, in the closest to contact line villages with essential food, water, hygiene means, medicines, social and legal support, very often by risking their own lives.
Humanitarian work is physically and emotionally demanding. Many humanitarian workers struggle to find a healthy balance between demands of work and the need to pay some attention to one’s own well-being. Ukraine NGO Forum wants to organize burnout prevention programs and trainings in the nearest future. Thats why we need your participation in a research of professional burnout phenomenon among humanitarian workers.
?Participation in this assessment is confidential.
?The study consists of two stages:
1. Sampled survey of humanitarian workers (individual interviews with managers and employees at their workplaces).
2. Focus group discussions aimed at identifying the most appropriate forms of burnout prevention.
How can you participate?
Sampled survey (will be held in February 2017):
1. Each organization should delegate 5-7 employees (1-2 managers/coordinators/directors, and 4-5 field workers that provide services to beneficiaries).
2. Provide an opportunity to conduct interviews in the office of your organization (separate room).
Focus group discussions (will be held in February 2017):
1. Identify employees who will take part in a focus group. The total number of participants is 10-12 people.
2. Provide an opportunity to conduct focus-group discussions in your office (separate room), and ensure the presence of participants.
If you wish to participate in the research,
please, fill out this online form by January 20th, 2017.
In case you have any additional questions, please contact Oksana Kosenko: email@example.com. Thank you in advance!