26 Oct 2018
|JOB TITLE: HR Assistant|
|TEAM/PROGRAMME: Human Resources & Admin, Ukraine||LOCATION: Slovyansk|
|GRADE: 5||CONTRACT LENGTH: till 31/12/2018 with possible further extension|
|Save the Children is an international non-governmental humanitarian organization that has been advocating for the rights of boys and girls for almost 100 years, in more than 120 countries around the world. Save the Children has worked in Ukraine since 2007 alongside partners and has responded to the humanitarian crisis in Eastern Ukraine since 2014. Save the Children’s activities in Eastern Ukraine focus on the areas affected by the conflict, where the most vulnerable children and their families live and address their needs in protection, education, food security and livelihoods.
Since 2014, Save the Children in Ukraine has reached over 400,000 beneficiaries through its different programs, including 250,000 children (126,000 girls and 124,000 boys).
We are always on the lookout for talented and passionate people to join us in making a difference to the lives of children in Ukraine and around the world
To provide a professional, contingent role to the SCI response in Ukraine and to support the HR department, participation in establishing an effective database, data collection and input, data analysis and reporting on request, and other ad-hoc duties as required.
|SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Coordinator HR & Admin
Regional Dimensions: Save the Children works in 140 countries across the Globe, and has offices in more than 120 countries. In response to the humanitarian situation, Save the Children has operations in Ukraine and this position will play a key role in supporting the effective maintenance of the office and relief activities.
Staff directly reporting to this post: None at present
|KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
· Collects, checks and tracks all timesheets for National/International staff
· Collects, checks and tracks all Leave Forms in Leave Tracker for National/International staff
· Maintains and regular updates info on passed inductions for all staff
· Maintains all trackers for quick retrieval of information as and when required (time sheets tracker, leave tracker, recruitment tracker etc.)
· Responsible for proper data management of documentation and reports for support staff (contracts for support, act-invoices, recommendation letters, travel reports etc.)
· Assists in updating the Performance Management system, and prepares reports on needs basis
· Provides support in all tasks related to day-to-day HR activities
· Helps to proceed with insurances for staff, tracks statuses
· Requesting ID cards and Business Cards for staff
|SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS (our Values in Practice)
· Holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
· Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves, takes responsibility for their own personal development.
· Widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
· Future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale
· Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
· Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
· Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to
· Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
· Willing to take disciplined risks
· Honest, encourages openness and transparency
|QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
|CHILD SAFEGUARDING: Level 3: the role holder will have contact with children and/or young people either frequently (e.g. once a week or more) or intensively (e.g. four days in one month or more or overnight) because they work in country programs; or are visiting country programs; ore because they are responsible for implementing the police checking/vetting process staff|