12 Mar 2018
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organization whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.
The ICRC is mandated to work in countries affected by armed conflict or other situations of violence. The ICRC is present in over 80 countries and has some 13,000 field staff.
ICRC is Equal Opportunity Employer giving highest priority to staff safety and security.
For more information, visit website: http://www.icrc.org/
POSITION: WATER AND HABITAT TECHNICIAN 1
Based in Donetsk
AIM OF THE POSITION
The Water and Habitat (WatHab) Technician 1 implements small or non-complex engineering projects within the scope of ICRC’s water and habitat assistance objectives and under the close supervision and guidance of their hierarchical superior. S/he personally carries out on-site works and monitors them for quality control and compliance with design documents. S/he has a close working relationship with external stakeholders related to their projects.
- Monitors Housing project implementation for compliance with project documents, ICRC standards, and local building codes/standards, and ensures corrective action is taken if necessary;
- Conducts quality control during infrastructure rehabilitation/repair and ICRC administrative and logistical procedures;
- Compiles site reports on project implementation at intervals set by the project manager;
- Provides information to their supervisor and project colleagues on stakeholder issues, security and site progress;
- Manages project purchasing on labor and materials according to the delegation’s logistical and financial rules;
- Is responsible for on-site implementation and follow-up of small or non-complex engineering projects, under the close supervision and guidance of WatHab Engineer;
- Works within the geographical remit of a sub-delegation.
The tasks and responsibilities defined above are not exhaustive and can evolve depending on organizational needs.
Education and professional qualifications
- Technical vocational training, apprenticeship (in plumbing, electricity, masonry or related discipline) or equivalent professional experience;
- 1-2 years’ professional experience (post-training) in plumbing, masonry, electrical installation or related field;
- If no certification, 3-4 years professional experience;
- Basic knowledge of plumbing, masonry, electrical systems or related field;
- Excellent command (spoken and written) of local language(s);
- Basic command (spoken and written) of English.
- Ability to supervise and guide 25 field workers;
- Communication skills to link with local authorities and to handle beneficiaries’ issues and requests;
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your CV in English, along with your motivation letter by 18.03.2018 to email@example.com.
Only candidates meeting the above-mentioned criteria will be considered and contacted for tests and/or interview. No queries by phone please.