08 Jan 2019
Peaceful Change initiative (PCi) is a not-for-profit network, registered in the UK, with operations in North Africa, the Middle East and Ukraine. We work to support more effective management of conflict in societies undergoing significant change, by increasing skills and opportunities for dialogue, inclusion and collaboration.
PCi programming in Ukraine, focuses on (i) conducting dialogue between local authorities and civil society in communities in Donetsk and Kherson Oblasts, (ii) enabling cooperation between dialogue facilitators and peacebuilders working on underlying drivers of conflict, and (iii) advocating for policies that create a more conducive environment for peacebuilding.
As part of its commitment to promoting the peacebuilding sector in Ukraine, PCi is offering motivated individuals with a specific interest in working on conflict issues to follow an internship placement with the organisation.
Duties and responsibilities
* Contributing to the monitoring of PCi’s ongoing project, by gathering reports from local partners, following up on reporting to fill in gaps in information, and contributing to PCi’s reporting to its donors;
* Assisting in the organisation of public events or other project activities by managing logistics and liaising with venues, service providers, etc;
* Maintaining communication, as necessary, with project partners and other participants in the project activities;
* Maintaining PCi’s social network pages, ensuring that information is accurate and up-to-date.
* Other duties, including administrative tasks.
* To be responsible, organised and attentive to the details;
* Good communication skills (oral and written);
* Analytical abilities;
* Computer and presentation skills;
* University degree (social, political or legal science, or other relevant areas);
* Fluency in Ukrainian and Russian, high level of English skills (oral and written);
* Desire to help people, work and develop in peacebuilding and conflict resolution;
* Experience in interviewing and surveying will be an advantage.
* Knowledge in conflict sensitivity, mediation, dialogue, conflict transformation and peacebuilding will be a significant asset;
* Part-time (flexible schedule);
* Work at the office of the organization in Kyiv;
* Paid internship;
* First-hand involvement in activities being carried out or overseen by PCi in Ukraine.
Send your CV and cover letter (in English) to firstname.lastname@example.org, marked “PCi Intern” in the subject line no later than January 15, 2019. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted