18 Mar 2019
The humanitarian aid organizations “Medicos del Mundo” and “Ärzte der Welt” are the Spanish and German division of the international network Médecins du Monde/Doctors of the World (MdM). MDM has been operating in Ukraine since August 2015 and is currently implementing an emergency response and recovery program in the Eastern part of Ukraine. The program is implemented around two main components: direct delivery of services through multidisciplinary mobile units (including PHC, SRH, MHPSS and support to GBV survivors); strengthening of local health system (with a specific focus on PHC, SRH, MHPSS and GBV) through capacity building of health and non-health staff, awareness raising and advocacy.
For our program in Ukraine, to support our activities, we are looking for LIAISON OFFICER based in Bakhmut.
Under the direct supervision of the Field Coordinator the incumbent will carries following responsibilities:
• Develop and maintain networks with authorities and Ukrainian administration
• Support the reporting for local authorities, MdM partners, and donors
• Support to project data follow-up and activities monitoring
Representation / Liaison
• Establish an effective communication system with the local authorities, follow-up the contacts with them and provide feedback on a regular basis to the relevant coordinators.
• Facilitate visits of MdM representatives to authorities.
• Transmit reports and information from the authorities to the Field Coordinator or other relevant staff.
• Accompany the Field Coordinator (or other coordinators if necessary) to meetings for humanitarian coordination and/or security or represent the Field Coordinator (or other coordinators) if requested.
• Prepare the minutes of all meeting attended .
• Prepare activities reports for local authorities (PMSAC, DoH…) and partners (clusters, general coordination meeting…) to be validated by Medical Coordinator and/or Field Coordinator.
• Contribute, under the supervision of the Field Coordinator to all necessary reporting: drafting interim and/or final reports.
• Contribute to prepare the Situation Report, as well as different reports on the mission.
• Review and participate to mission documents production (proposals, MoUs…).
Programs / coordination
• Support the Medical Team with data entering and reporting, in order to ensure a qualitative monitoring of the activities.
• Participate to internal coordination meeting.
• Supporting operational organization of field trips and visits to MdM field activities.
• Support launching and implementing MdM field activities.
• Contribute to ensure a good communication between field team and the Field Coordinator, as well as any technical coordinator.
• Assess on a regular basis the security context thought press review and share with Field Coordinator and Logistic Coordinator.
• File and archive documents related to the coordination activities upon request of the Field Coordinator.
• Conduct field visits upon request of the Field Coordinator.
• To perform any additional duties on instruction given by the Field Coordinator related to MdM project in Ukraine/Bakhmut base.
Note: This list of activities is not exhaustive and may change depending on the situation
Minimum level of competency:
• Minimum bachelor degree in law, public relations, communication or other related field
• Knowledge of global context in eastern Ukraine
• Experience in outbreak management and emergency response
• Experience in working and meeting with local authorities, partners and staff in a complex context
• Ability to have a global overview of a program
• Significant experience working with NGOs
Language and computer skills:
• English / Russian / Ukrainian (fluent writing and speaking);
• Competency in Microsoft Office Environment.
• Ability to work quickly, under pressure, and with short deadlines
• Necessity to manage priorities and to adapt them daily according to the context
• Flexibility to adapt to changing requirements
• Cultural sensitivity and ability to work in a multi-cultural environment-
• Ability to listen and share decisions
• Sense of humor
• Team player
• Alignment with principles and ethics of Medicos del Mundo
• Fixed term contract until the 31/12/2019 with possible extension (depends on successful performance and availability of funds);
• Salary according to the MDM salary Grid;
• Medical insurance.
• Full -time job
• Location: Bakhmut
Send CV and motivation letter in English to the address below: email@example.com with the reference: LIAISON OFFICER
Only shortlisted candidates will be invited to the interview.
Deadline for applications – 31/03/2019