18 Mar 2019
The humanitarian aid organizations “Medicos del Mundo” and “Ärzte der Welt” are the Spanish and German division of the international network Médecins du Monde/Doctors of the World (MdM). MDM has been operating in Ukraine since August 2015 and is currently implementing an emergency response and recovery program in the Eastern part of Ukraine. The program is implemented around two main components: direct delivery of services through multidisciplinary mobile units (including PHC, SRH, MHPSS and support to GBV survivors); strengthening of local health system (with a specific focus on PHC, SRH, MHPSS and GBV) through capacity building of health and non-health staff, awareness raising and advocacy.
For our program in Ukraine, to support our medical activities, we are looking for Logistic Assistant, based in Bakhmut.
Under the direct supervision of the Logistic Officer the incumbent will carries following responsibilities:
• Support in procurement
• Fleet Management
• Inventory and Stock Management
• Support Security Management
• Maintenance of premises
• Other duties/responsibilities
Support in Procurement
• Conduct local purchasing of goods for the program and base upon instruction of the Logistics Coordinator or Field Coordinator and according to the MdM purchasing procedure.
• Purchase goods and services ensuring the optimum price/quality ratio on the market.
• Collecting quotations and checking prices for purchase of goods and services.
• Submit to administrative department all documents from suppliers required to record purchase filled in correctly.
• Upon request by the Field Coordinator or the Logistics Coordinator, carry out a market survey in collaboration with the Administration team.
• Ensure the delivery of all purchased items to the requester, collects the proof of delivery and proceeds to the validation of the invoices by the Administration team.
• Keeping and updating the logistic filing system.
• Requesting and reporting on funds needed for purchases in full accordance with administrative procedures.
• Responsible for the maintenance of the cars: make sure that the drivers realize daily/weekly maintenance and give feedback to the Field Coordinator of maintenance needs
• Supervise activities of driver for filling the logbook and follow-up if there are mistakes.
• Fill the vehicle monthly follow-up document.
• Control filling tanks of cars and fuel consumption.
• Organise movements of car following movements planned and follow-up with the drivers throughout the day.
Inventory and Stock Management
• Check, record and store goods received.
• Regularly check inventory levels (physical counts) and update stock cards.
• Receipt, checking and storage of new orders (checking number of packages, packaging and contents etc.).
• Ensure interim/annual physical verificacion of assets and inventory items.
• Ensure that all items are well organized and correctly stored, well protected, fully identified and easily accessible (cleanliness, security, access, etc.).
Support Security Management
• Taking part in assessment of the security and safety situation affecting the implementation of activities for MdM in Bakhmut base in coordination with the liaison officer and with the support of Logistic and Field Coordinators
• Ensure the display of security kits in all the facilities (office, guesthouse and cars) and brief adequately on their usage to the staffs.
• Brief on security policy and safety rules to new recruited staff for MdM base in Bakhmut under the supervision of the Field Coordinator.
Maintenance of premises
• Responsible for the maintenance of the equipment in the office and guesthouse.
• Follow up the repairs when needed: contact the repairers and buy material needed.
• Follow up of cleaning materials and supplies for guesthouses in coordination with the administrative department.
Other duties and responsibilities:
• Assess the needs of rehabilitation in the health facilities in coordination with the Medical Supervisor and the Field Coordinator.
• Participate in internal work meetings and inform MdM team about logistic issues.
• Report any security related issues to the Logistics Coordinator and Field Coordinator.
• Supporting operational organization of field trips to the program sites.
• Maintaining full confidentiality for all work-related information.
• Perform other relevant duties as requested by Field Coordinator.
• Taking part in assessment of the security and safety situation affecting the implementation of activities for MdM in Bakhmut base.
Minimum Level of Competency:
• University degree
• A minimum of 1 year of professional experience in a similar position
• Experience working in humanitarian emergency settings is an asset.
Language and computer skills:
• Advanced Russian and Ukrainian
• English (written and oral)
• Competency in Microsoft Office Environment.
• Ability to work quickly, under pressure, and with short deadlines
• Necessity to manage priorities and to adapt them daily according to the context
• Flexibility to adapt to changing requirements
• Cultural sensitivity and ability to work in a multi-cultural environment-
• Ability to listen and share decisions
• Sense of humor
• Team player
• Alignment with principles and ethics of Medicos del Mundo
• Fixed term contract until the 31/12/2019 with possible extension (depends on successful performance and availability of funds);
• Salary according to the MDM salary Grid;
• Medical insurance.
• Full -time job
• Location: Bakhmut
Send CV and motivation letter in English to the address below: firstname.lastname@example.org with the reference: Logistic Assistant
Only shortlisted candidates will be invited to the interview.
Deadline for applications – 31/03/2019