02 Apr 2018
Kyiv, with regular field visits
MdM has been operating in Ukraine since August 2015 and is currently implementing an emergency response and recovery program in the Eastern part of Ukraine (Luhansk oblast, government and non-government controlled areas – GCAs and NGCAs). The program is implemented around two main components: direct delivery of services through multidisciplinary mobile units (including PHC, SRH, MHPSS and support to GBV survivors); strengthening of local health system (with a specific focus on PHC, SRH, MHPSS and GBV) through capacity building of health and non-health staff, awareness raising and advocacy.
GEOGRAPHICAL SCOPE OF INTERVENTION
The Administrative Coordinator is based in Kiev with regular visits to Severodonetsk and field locations.
The candidate will report to General Coordinator. He / She will he/she will have direct technical link with Finance Department in HQ.
Under the direct supervision of General Coordinator, the Administrative Coordinator is in charge of the overall management of HR and financial, accountancy, budgetary, administrative and legal aspects of the projects in order to guarantee rigorous and transparent procedures and to fulfil the objectives of the mission and to respect MdM and donors’ guidelines.
S/he will be particularly involved in organization of the administrative department, accountancy implementation, and support to the operational project.
The Administrative Coordinator works in close collaboration with the technical advisers in HQ.
- Accounting-Budget planning & monitoring
- Is responsible for the accounting, budget planning & monitoring of programs implemented.
- Develops and implements the administrative procedures and guidelines and ensures it is updated with the evolvement of MDM and donors’ regulations.
- Cash management & monthly fund request:
- Is responsible for the cash provision between the different programs/bases.
- Organises and supervises all aspects of cash flow including security of cash, ensures sufficient separation of responsibility and level of control over transactions.
- Supervision of the accounting and invoices & allowance payment
- Responsible for the accountancy of all sites: quality of documents, respect of procedures, accounting & donor allocation. Coordinates the closure of monthly accountancy and links with the HQ financial department.
- Supervises the archiving of the accounting documents in the field and its transmission to the HQ.
- Ensures preparation of external or internal audit
- Budgetary monitoring
- Prepares annual and donor budgets in coordination with the team.
- Monitors overall budget consumption with respect to donors’ constraints creates and updates regularly allocation board.
- Communicates with the financial controller at HQ and the coordinators about the budget follow up
- Identification and analysis of any discrepancy.
- Prepares financial reports to donors
- Funding & donors
- Ensures when needed and by delegation of the General Coordinator the representation of MdM in front of donors
- Ensures appropriate follow-up of the current funding plan, as well as MdM commitments to donors
- In coordination with the General Coordinator, negotiates financial elements and prepares answers to contractual obligations fixed by donors and counterpart.
- Human resources management
- Administrative management of the national staff:
- Implements the HR policy regarding the context: keeps internal regulations and Conditions of Employment up to date, in respect with the local labour and tax law
- Supervise the update of the database for the monthly salary payment
- Ensures the application of MDM rules for the national staff (administrative formalities, recruitment process, contracts, constitution of individual files, briefing of new employees, confidentiality of HR information …)
- Ensures that the general HR administration procedures are in place
- Coordinates and validates the recruitment processes of the national staff
- Is the warrant of the MdM wage and appraisal policies implementation
- Shares and compares with other NGOs conditions of employment and rules
- Administrative management of the expatriate staff:
- Ensures the existence of written job profiles validated by the technical coordinator
- Ensures the application of local legislation concerning the expatriate personnel (visa).
- Participates in the definition of living rules and working conditions.
- Supervises the constitution of individual files.
- Makes arrival and departure briefings about the administrative and contractual aspects.
- Supervises the payment of monthly per-diem for expatriate
- Follow-up administrative aspects for expatriate with HQ: modifying flight tickets when necessary, etc
- Team management
- Recruits, supervises and train of the administrative staff
- Provides regular evaluation to the team under his/her responsibility.
- Support the coordinators and the field staff for any administrative, HR, accountancy and financial issue
- Takes disciplinary measures when appropriate
- Legal framework
- Regarding to the position of MDM in the country, establish all formalities that may be required by the local authorities, within the times allowed
- Supervises the reparation of the various contracts (rental contracts, service providers…)
- Checks on the existence, monitoring and the archiving of all documents and contracts (rental contracts for instance, …)
- Work with HQ and general coordination on all issues linked to registrations in country
- Communication ; Reporting ; Capitalisation
- Contributes to the monthly sitrep
- Participates to the weekly team meeting
- Ensures that copy or originals of all legal documents and contracts are timely sent
This list of activities is not exhaustive and may change depending on the situation.
Academic: University degree or diploma.
Languages: Very high level of spoken and written English. Russian and/or Ukrainian will be a strong asset
Good knowledge of Windows environment (in particular Excel)
Knowledge of SAGA software: strong asset
Knowledge of donor regulations and compliance rules
The successful candidate must have at least 3 years’ experience in positions with similar responsibilities (2 years minimum as Finance, RH, Administration Coordinator).
Team coordination experience.
Experience in post-sovietic country is an asset.
Accountancy background is an asset.
- High organizational capacity and for adaptation to post-emergency situations.
- Proven capacity for team leadership and management.
- Training skills.
- Team work and networking capacity.
- Thoroughness and self-sufficiency at work.
- Strict compliance with the safety protocols established for the country and MdM mission
- Identification with the lines of work, values and mission of Médicos del Mundo.
Immediately: 9 months (possible extension)
According to the mission’s salary grid
Applicants should send their CV to:
Please include the REFERENCE
Send CV and motivation letter in English to the address below:
under the reference:
Those with a valid profile will not rejected for being disabled or part of a social excluded or marginal collective