06 Feb 2018
Polish Humanitarian Action (PAH) is currently looking for a Project Development and Reporting Officer to support the development of its programs in Ukraine.
- Organization: Polish Humanitarian Action (PAH), Warsaw-based international non-governmental organization with representation office in Ukraine
- Position: Project Development and Reporting Officer
- Location: Kyiv, Ukraine (with field visits to the east of Ukraine)
- Job terms: Full-time
- Type of job: Job contract
- Duration: 3 months with a possibility of extension based on a performance evaluation
Polish Humanitarian Action (PAH) is an international non-governmental organization which since 1992 has been providing humanitarian and development help worldwide. So far, the interventions have been carried out in 46 different countries. By possessing long-standing expertise in the implementation of projects in Water, Sanitation and Hygiene, Food Security and Livelihoods, as well as Nutrition and Education, PAH concentrates its activities on ensuring sustainable and stable development of regions suffering from the consequences of armed conflicts, natural disasters and other humanitarian crises.
PAH has been present in Ukraine since August 2014 delivering humanitarian aid to the most vulnerable of the conflict-affected population. PAH provides assistance to internally displaced people, the elderly and single mothers, working in the sectors of food security and protection. PAH is expanding programming from humanitarian to early recovery interventions that provide sustainable livelihoods opportunities to the affected population.
For more information, please refer to www.pah.org.pl
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Under the direct supervision of Head of Programs Ukraine, contribute to the development of fundraising documents (expression of interests/concept notes/project proposals/project budgets etc.) that are donor compliant and in line with PAH’s country strategy;
- Liaise with the Mission’s program and M&E team members, and HQ programs team, to ensure that the developed proposals are relevant and technically sound;
- Coordinate between programs and M&E teams to ensure timely input and review of project proposals;
- Incorporate learning from previous interventions (e.g. lessons learnt and best practices) into new proposals;
- Write quality narrative reports, reflecting the progress and status of projects in a transparent, timely and professional manner;
- Participate in meetings, surveys, planning strategies and evaluation of works and costs in cooperation with relevant PAH staff;
- Facilitate needs assessments conducted by the Mission and participate in the consolidation of needs assessment reports;
- Support program staff in ensuring that program synergies as well as, Do No Harm, protection mainstreaming and core humanitarian principles are incorporated throughout the program design and implementation and adopting and maintaining a participatory approach to program development, taking in consideration the different needs of women, girls, men, boys, and other particular groups of concern (elderly, disabled, home-bound, etc.);
- Assist the Head of Programs in conducting context analysis and relevant research regarding the current political, socio-economic and security situation in Eastern Ukraine, as may be needed, to facilitate strategy development and/or proposal writing process;
- Assist the Head of Programs in developing external communication tools as relevant for donor visits/meetings/reports (helps the Communication Officer/focal point to collect stories/case studies to be incorporated in external communication work or donors reports)Perform any other ad hoc tasks assigned by the Head of Programs such as (but not limited to): desk research, drafting minutes, and/ or making relevant presentations.
The successful PDRO will be selected based on the qualification requirements described below:
- Excellent writing and communication skills in English;
- Fluent in oral and written Russian and Ukrainian languages;
- Diploma in humanitarian or development studies, international relations, linguistics or other relevant field;
- At least 2-3 years of experience related to humanitarian and/or developmental work;
- Proven experience in developing project proposals to multiple humanitarian and/or development donors;
- Ability and willingness to learn and follow donor reporting and compliance requirements;
- Experience in working for an INGO;
- Strong program and project management skills required;
- Experience from complex and complicated settings with time sensitive deliverables in unstable environments is highly desirable;
- Good organizational and prioritization skills;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
What PAH offers:
- Work experience with professional and flexible international NGO, which is one of the largest NGOs in the Central-Eastern Europe;
- Work in a dynamic and motivated team;
- Competitive salary;
- Chance to contribute to the development of PAH’s programs in Ukraine.
How to apply:
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send us the following documents prepared in ENGLISH:
- Short resume (max. 2 pages) including relevant information on your education and so far work experience;
- Short cover letter summarizing your motivation to join PAH’s team and indicating your experience and skills that you consider useful for this position;
- Short sample of your writing (max. 2 pages);
- Salary expectations;
- Three references.
Please, submit above mentioned documents to email@example.com indicating “Project Development and Reporting Officer” in your e-mail.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted and invited for an interview.