12 Mar 2018
People in Need (PIN) has been active in Ukraine since early August 2014 and the humanitarian programs have been rapidly expanding since then. Currently, PIN belongs to major humanitarian actors in Eastern Ukraine while providing neutral and independent humanitarian aid to conflict-affected people. So far PIN has implemented number of emergency food, NFI, shelter, protection, livelihoods and WASH interventions and supported more than 500 000 vulnerable IDPs, returnees and host communities.
PIN works in urban and rural locations, providing assistance to IDPs and other conflict-affected populations through Shelter and NFI assistance, WASH, Food assistance, Protection and Livelihoods. Focusing on the assistance to the IDPs, returnees and population living in the contested areas, PIN is expanding its program to more recovery and stabilization type of activities. PIN’s main donors in Ukraine currently include ECHO, OFDA, DFID, UNHCR, UNDP and WFP.
About the role:
Grants and Reporting Coordinator (GRC) plays the supporting and assisting role in the development of reporting compliance for programs/projects and in the development of program/project proposals and program staff capacity building. The position reports to the Grants and Reporting Manager (GRM). The GRC will be based in Sloviansk with travels throughout areas of PIN operations.
Duty station: Sloviansk
Education, certificates: advanced university degree in international relations or social science field, or comparable experience
Work experience: Minimum 2 year of relevant professional experience related to humanitarian or developmental work
Duties and Responsibilities:
Reporting & Grants Management
- Support the process of maintaining grants management tools and to monitor the use of them among national Program Managers/Coordinators to ensure accurate tracking of implementation, progress and timely alerts to potential challenges/obstacles.
- Follow up and ensure that donor and internal reporting deadlines are met and support GRM in preparations for reporting
- Assist in collecting, reviewing and editing donor and internal reports and ensuring quality assurance and compliance with donor reporting requirements.
- Provide reminders to relevant staff members on reporting timelines, and act as a focal point for collection, compilation, review, quality control and editing of both quantitative and qualitative donor, internal and cluster reporting
- Support development of reports and proposals, ensuring integration of information and recommendations delivered by the previous programs including from minutes of donors meetings, PDM and evaluation reports, audits, etc.
- Support GRM in conducting trainings of national Program Managers/Coordinators on grants management practice and reporting (donor guidelines and grant management practical trainings).
- Under the guidance of GRM, provide dedicated support to the development of concept notes, proposals and situation analyses – coordinating the development process with all relevant departments , including designing logical frameworks, setting realistic and measureable targets, and developing narrative proposals & budgets
- Assist GRM in conduct trainings of national Program Managers/Coordinators on proposal development.
Information sharing /data collection
- To assist GRM in context analysis and research regarding the current political, socio-economic and security situation in Ukraine to inform mission’s strategy development and/or proposal writing. Participate in the drafting/editing of assessment reports.
- Assist the GRM to develop external communication tools as relevant for donor visits/meetings/reports.
- Ensure copies of all documentation (grant proposals, reports, budget etc.) are made available to share electronically with all Program Managers/Coordinators. Ensure comprehensive grant files are maintained up to date and are available for use by uploading them in ELO (Document Management/Storage System)
- Support the translation grants and reporting tools and documents (English to Russian/Ukrainian – Russian/Ukrainian to English)
- Assist GRM during trainings with interpretation (English to Russian/Ukrainian – Russian/Ukrainian to English)
- Provide overall assistance to GRM in communication with national staff
- Perform other duties as may be assigned.
Skills (PC, etc.) and knowledge:
- Advanced university degree in international relations or social science field, or comparable experience.
- Minimum 2 year of relevant professional experience related to humanitarian or developmental work.
- Strong writing skills and ability to edit with a critical eye to detail, excellent written English skills are essential.
- Ability to translate documents from English to Russian/Ukrainian and vice versa.
- Ability to produce and edit documents under deadline pressure
- Ability and willingness to learn and follow donor reporting and compliance requirements.
- Knowledge and experience of designing and rolling out M&E systems.
- High-level of knowledge and practice with Word, Excel, Outlook, etc. required.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to determine priorities and respect deadlines.
- Detail-oriented with good multi-tasking abilities and communication skills, both oral and written.
- Willingness to travel to the field.
- Able to work well both within a team and independently, remaining flexible in a challenging and fast-moving multicultural environment.
- Clear communication, presentation style, good interpersonal and diplomatic skills essential.
Please send a CV and Motivation letter with your salary expectations to ekaterina.zima@peopleinneed.