24 Apr 2019
Sloviansk, Donetsk oblast
JOB TITLE: Project Manager for Luhansk and Donetsk Oblast
LOCATION: Slovyansk Field office with frequent travelling to activities in the field
RESPONSIBLE TO: Country Director
RESPONSIBLE FOR: Local field staff, including technical officers, assistants, volunteers and support staff
RELATIONS W/H OTHERS: Networks Coordinator with the Local & National Government and both local and International NGOs.
The Project Manager (PM) is responsible for coordination of activities in Donetsk and Luhansk Oblast. The PM facilitates programme development together with the Country Director, ensures timely implementation of programme activities, including implementation, monitoring and reporting, and budget control and management. With the Country Director, the PM has responsibility for ensuring the full compliance and application of all approved HAI Ukraine policies. The PM is a member of the HAI Ukraine Senior Management Team, contributing to overall direction setting and management of HelpAge International in the Donbas Region of Ukraine.
- Ensure strong dialogue and coordination between the Country Office in Kiev and the Field Office in Slovyansk, and between units and staff in Donetsk and Luhansk Oblast
- Encourage overall programme cohesion through coordination and information sharing.
- As directed/requested by the Country Director, represent HelpAge International Ukraine at inter-agency meetings
- Proactively engage with local partners and stakeholders, including governmental agencies.
- To provide support on safety & security issues to HelpAge Ukraine as well as for all personnel who visiting the area of HelpAge program implementation
- Provide ongoing advice of safety and security to HelpAge employees and volunteers of HelpAge in Ukraine.
- Ensure good communication of security relevant information in each location including various field sites and offices
- Monitor the security environment and adjust security policies and procedures accordingly
- Monitor staff movement
Programme Development and Direction Setting
- Support and participate in new proposal development coordination with Country Director, including new development and recovery programmes
- Contribute to longer term strategic planning
- Provide programmatic leadership:
- Maintain an in-depth knowledge of key project documentation and ensure that the Project Team staff are familiar with the key project documentation, required donor procedures and associated programme budget.
- Together with Country Director, review existing project design, and if required, suggest changes.
- In the supported locations, provide overall supervision to work planning processes to ensure priorities are identified, and appropriate strategies to address them are implemented
- Coordinate and ensure inputs from staff in the field, including international technical staff
- Be responsible for all aspects of the accountability and M&E function within the project in Slovyansk and Severodonetsk:
- Contribute to data collection, storage and analysis.
- Oversee a Complaints Response Mechanism (CRM) in the Field Offices, which ensures all HAI beneficiaries can provide confidential complaints and feedback about HAI
- Ensure data protection and confidentiality at all stages of the process
- Coordination of information gathering and preparation of reports.
- Working collaboratively with the Human Resources Officer and Finance Coordinator to:
- Recruit positions through a transparent, rigorous and soundly justified procedures.
- Manage staff performance; provide appropriate and timely feedback to staff regarding their performance, including timely implementation of the annual staff appraisal system.
- Ensure all senior staff are sufficiently inducted and oriented to HAI Ukraine’s mission, vision and purpose prior to commencement of their work in the field and at the Kiev office.
- Ensure staff are able to access training.
- Ensure that all HAI Ukraine policies followed, as approved by the HAI Ukraine SMT and are fully adhered to.
- Working collaboratively with the Finance & Support Services Manager, with Finance Coordinator, to ensure that:
- Programme and Support Staff follow sound financial management principles in compliance with contractual requirements.
- Timely and quality reporting of progress and expenditures is provided.
- Project budget and expenditure regularly reviewed and programme actions taken in case of over/under expenditure.
- All information (both programmatic and financial) for the audit is available and accessible in the field office.
- Partners comply with contractual obligations through monitoring, support and guidance to the partners.
- In collaboration with the filed based Protection and Inclusion Coordinator, and the Kiev based Deputy Director, support the;
- Promotion and development of HAI Ukraine advocacy materials, stories, video and other media.
- Assist in the identification and development of human interest stories.
- Ensure compliance with respect to Donor “Visibility” requirements (logos, photos etc.).
- Prepare and edit monthly field based programme reports to aid the development of donor reports as requested by the CD.
- Educated to University Degree level with a relevant qualification and/or equivalent substantial direct work experience.
- Experience in programme management including managing budgets, staff and funding of the programme. This is to include excellent people management skills and proven financial management skills.
- Experience in similar related organization with an ability to link humanitarian response to a possible protracted response, especially in terms of meeting needs of communities beyond the more immediate relief focus to possible early recovery needs.
- Understanding of Project Cycle Management Knowledge and experience (community assessments, project design, proposal development, project planning and implementation, M&E and project learning).
- Demonstrated strong leadership skills: interpersonal skills, sound judgment, planning, team building and facilitating skills.
- Experience of and skills in Organizational Representation and Presentation in local and national forums with international and Government Stakeholders.
- Highly developed analytical and communication skills, including excellent oral and written English communication skills.
- Proven ability to work creatively, innovatively and effectively with limited direct supervision.
- Competence in using information technology including experience with word-processing, spreadsheets and database software.
- Proven track record of quality performance in highly pressured environments.
- Knowledge and application of Humanitarian Principles/Standards (SPHERE Minimum Standards, ICRC Code of Conduct etc.).
Knowledge of Programme area in the Donbas Region of Ukraine, in terms of the political, economic and social trends plus a good understanding of the key development and humanitarian issues in the region
Closing date for application: April 25, 2019, 6:00pm (Kyiv time)
Apply here: https://rabota.ua/company3275669/vacancy7607620