10 May 2019
Right to Protection (R2P) is a Ukrainian not-for profit organization operating in close partnership with the global NGO HIAS, one of the world’s oldest refugee aid organizations. Like HIAS, R2P is dedicated to protecting refugees who find themselves in Ukraine due to dire circumstances. Additionally, R2P ensures the protection and human rights of other vulnerable migrants – the conflict affected, the internally displaced (IDPs), the stateless, the undocumented and those at risk of statelessness. R2P’s key programmatic strengths are legal assistance, monitoring, advocacy as well as government and civil society capacity building. R2P has approximately 150 staff members working across Ukraine.
R2P is undertaking an exciting new peacebuilding project which will bring together residents of Donbas for dialogue.
The Project Manager will be the primary person responsible for implementing this project. He or she will report to the R2P President. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis the Project Manager should be ready to begin work by the end of May.
Duties and tasks
- Take the lead in coordinating the planning and implementation of the project in conjunction with the dialogue facilitators, partner organization, and representatives of R2P’s leadership, programmatic and finance/admin units;
- Undertakes all logistical support for a series of multi-day dialogues, including booking of hotels/transit/venue for participants and attendees;
- Attends and assists with each set of multi-day dialogues outside of Kyiv;
- Assures the timely, accurate, and full submission of reporting;
- Prepares short weekly reports to the donor;
- Prepares the pre-dialogue logistical and security reports as well as project financial reporting;
- Manages pre- and post dialogue communication with and provides support to participants;
- University level of education;
- At least 2 years of project management experience;
- Excellent ability to communicate effectively in English, Russian, and Ukrainian, both verbally and in writing;
- Desire to contribute to peacebuilding in Ukraine;
- Lack of bias;
- Strong interpersonal skills and able to deal with diverse groups of people;
- Mature judgment combined with a proactive, energetic approach to problem solving;
- Strong organizational and time management skills;
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- R2P will offer the successful applicant a contract in line with Ukrainian legislation, renewable dependent on funding and performance;
- Playing a part in testing a modality for peacebuilding in Ukraine;
- Opportunity to work with one of the strongest Ukrainian human rights and humanitarian NGOs;
- Room for professional growth;
- Fun and energetic team;
- Respect for work/life balance.
Process filing an application
Send CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Answers will be sent only to candidates selected for interview. Please do not call extra.
Applications are accepted until May 17, 2019. If the relevant candidates will be identified ahead of schedule, the CF “Right to Protect” reserves the right to complete the process before this deadline.