13 Feb 2018
Premiere Urgence Internationale (PUI) is a non-profit, non-political and non religious humanitarian NGO. PUI started humanitarian intervention in Ukraine in February 2015. The mission’s objectives are to improve or restore equitable access to primary health care for the local and displaced population affected by the military conflict and to improve their living conditions by covering their fundamental needs.
Place of work – Kyiv
The Logistics Assistant helps the Logistics Coordinator in implementing and supervising all logistical activities at his / her assigned base.
In particular, he / she lends support to carrying out all the logistical components of Kiev Base / Capital.
Education Degree: Secondary Education or specialist’s degree or Bachelor’s degree in Logistics or other related field.
Work experience: At least 6 months’ experience in logistics or other related field.
Language Skills: Fluent in Ukrainian, Russian, and English (B2 according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages).
Knowledge & skills: Good critical thinking; Ability to synthesis a wide scope of information. Solid organizational skills, excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Basic programmatic, financial, is highly desirable.
Computer skills: Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office (with focus on Excel and Word). Knowledge of computer networking system and computer system would be an asset.
Management of supplies.
- Logistics Assistant is responsible for day to day management of supplies, such as: office consumables, household items, food items for Kiev office;
- Creates and supports the Logistics Coordinator in updating the price lists and vendor databases at Kiev level.
- Following the standard procurement procedures of Premiere Urgence Internationale, raises and follows up on each and every Purchase
- Request at Kiev level.
- Verifies and processes quotation requests, purchase request and purchase orders, upon request.
- Composes, archives and files the purchase folders / dossiers, in accordance with archiving and filing procedures of PUI in Ukraine.
- Upon request of Logistics Coordinator, takes a lead in negotiations with supplier and vendors at Kiev level. Follows the implementation process of each and every purchase done at Kiev level.
- Supports the Konstantinovka Base Logistics in monitoring the deliveries and dispatches of any items between the bases in Ukraine.
- Negotiates prices, deadlines and methods of deliveries.
- Creates the suppliers’ databases for Ukraine mission and ensures that relationships with suppliers are monitored and well established.
Office and GHs management.
- Supports the Logistics Coordinator in identifying the new offices or Guest Houses upon requests and when needed, collecting the information needed and performing the market surveys and researches.
- Responsible for Premises contracts follow up and renewal at Kiev level.
- Notifies the direct line manager on any changes in pricing of any premises or any other information related to premises management.
- Responsible for day to day management of all supplies of consumables, household and some food items at guest houses of PUI in Kiev, Ukraine.
- Once a week is responsible for making rounds through all the Guest houses and any other premises in Kiev for identification of any needs or repairs to be done and reports back to his direct line manager.
- Responsible for maintenance of any IT related equipment in Kiev office and Guest Houses and follows the repairs and workshops and reports back to his / her direct line manager in time.
- Ensures availability of needed drinking water in Office and Guest-Houses.
- Vehicles or Taxi Services management for expats.
- Takes over the Courier functions and upon request delivers all the requested items to final destinations.
- The logistics Assistant is an interlocutor between the logistics and administrative department of PUI in Ukraine.
- Responsible for submission of complete pack of document for payments to Kiev Administrative department , including prior translation of invoices to English following procedures
- On request, provide interpretation for conversations between PUI personnel and/or its contacts
- Post services management, when needed and upon requests.
- Responsible for accommodation of any guests or PUI staff members upon arrival to mission in Ukraine: booking of hotels, and so on.
- Responsible for purchasing of tickets (railway train /air) for the staff members or guest of PUI in Ukraine.
- Responsible for sending the information on new arrivals with their contact info to all PUI staffs concerned.
- Any other duties and responsibilities requested by admin department and upon request.
- Responsible for translation from English to Russian or Ukrainian languages upon request.
- Archiving / audit preparation support.
- Supports, reviews and archives of procurement files for potential upcoming audit.
Starting date: 01 March 2018
Fixed-term contract with possible extension
Location: Kyiv (Olimpiiska metro station)
Working days: Monday to Friday
HOW TO APPLY?
Interested candidates should submit their CV and cover letter in English including at least 2 reference contacts.
Applications should be sent before February 23, 2018 to email@example.com
PUI reserves the right to interview candidates on a rolling basis, so the candidate might be selected before the closing date.