12 Feb 2019
People in Need (PIN) has been active in Ukraine since early August 2014 and the humanitarian programs have been rapidly expanding since then. Currently, PIN is one of the major humanitarian actors in Eastern Ukraine while providing neutral and independent humanitarian aid to conflict-affected people. So far PIN has implemented number of multi-purpose cash grants, Shelter, Protection, Livelihoods and WASH interventions and supported more than 2 millions vulnerable populations, including IDPs, returnees and host communities in both urban and rural locations. PIN’s main donors in Ukraine currently include ECHO, OFDA/USAID, DFID, UNCHR, as well as GAC IHA.
The organization is looking for Shelter Coordinator who will provide general support to Shelter department and coordinate its performance.
Duty station: Slavyansk
Description of general responsibilities:
- Coordinate work of Shelter department;
- Contribute to Shelter strategy development;
- Contributes to risks and needs analysis.
- Provide regular progress reports to the Program Manager;
- Participate in the development of project proposals and budgets for the Shelter program;
- Ensure capacity building of Shelter staff.
- Liaise and collaborate with relevant local authorities;
- Cultivate close working relations with other local and international NGOs;
- Participate in relevant sector coordination meetings and represent PIN both at the local and national level.
Specific duties and responsibilities:
- Implement delegated portfolio of Shelter projects (activities, budget and project documentation) as delegated from Shelter/WASH PM in line with proposals, strategies and donor requirements;
- Contribute to Shelter strategy development, project proposals and provide input on needs and gaps;
- Contribute to specific risks and needs analyses;
- Ensure availability of adequate and appropriate equipment, supplies, warehouse space for the successful implementation of the programe;
- Promote and share ideas for improvement and necessary changes in the activities;
- Ensure proper filling of documents;
- Travel to the field regularly (at least twice a week) to conduct technical assessments, collect required data/documentation from beneficiaries, and oversee project implementation;
- Provide regular progress reports to the PM;
- Adhere to PIN policies and procedures;
- Ensure timely follow up with appropriate partners and stakeholders for smooth coordination and implementation of the projects;
- Proactive planning and coordination with logistics and field team;
- Follow up with Finance staff to ensure that financial transactions are properly recorded;
- Represent Shelter project in various coordination forums and working groups (e.g. Shelter cluster;
- Assists with procurement of all project equipment and materials – specifically with identifying specifications and quantities. Confirms that all goods are delivered to warehouses. Conducts quality inspections;
- Perform any other tasks as requested by Shelter/WASH Senior Program Manager.
- Master degree in Water Engineering or Civil Engineering or related is required
- At least 5 years of continuous experience in construction field
- Experience in Project Cycle Management and team management position in a humanitarian/recovery context is highly desired
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Understanding of Sphere minimum standards for Shelter
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal is required
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and reporting skills, both written and oral
- Valid driver’s license
- In depth knowledge of the context in Eastern Ukraine
- Solid computer skills, including MS Word, Outlook and Excel
- Awareness of own leadership skills/profile
- Proven ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
How to apply:
Please send your CV and motivation letter to the following e-mail address: email@example.com
Only those candidates who meets the key requirements will be invited for the interview.