25 Apr 2019
Kyiv, with possible field visits
Reports to: NGO Forum Director
Start date: Immediately
Assignment: Initial 6 month contract with possibility for extension
Salary: 1200 – 1400 USD
Deadline: Wednesday, May 22, COB Kyiv time
The Ukraine NGO Forum represents international and national NGOs providing humanitarian and development assistance to conflict-affected populations in eastern Ukraine. The strategic priorities of the Forum include advocacy, capacity building, coordination, and strategic communications. Our Vision is to transform the lives of the conflict-affected, with a robust civil society as a powerful force for change. Our Mission is to alleviate human suffering and restore the lives of the conflict-affected, through loyal and sound investment in civil society.
Roles and Responsibilities
The Communication Coordinator contributes to the achievement of the Strategic Communications priority outlined in the NGO Forum strategy:
Goal: Promote the operational and programmatic success of the aid community through the exchange of critical information and messaging with relevant stakeholders.
Objective 1: Highlight the efforts and achievements of Forum Members through strategic communication channels and social media to generate national and global attention.
Objective 2: Distribute critical information and insights between Forum Members and the aid community to encourage transparency and increase access to strategic discussions and executive decisions.
- Establish and coordinate the NGO Forum Communications Working Group.
- Facilitate the drafting and clearance of the NGO Forum Communication Strategy and Action Plan.
- Contribute to technical components of NGO Forum proposals and reports.
- Provide technical guidance and support to NGO Forum programs, specifically advocacy and capacity building.
- Manage the design and updates to the NGO Forum website.
- Manage all strategic communication efforts conducted via social media (Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, etc.).
- Develop all communication and promotional material, including press releases, articles, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
- MA degree, or BA degree with at least 5 years of professional experience in a relevant field;
- Experience in public relations, communication, journalism required;
- Ability to design and plan media and communication activities and ensure timely implementation;
- Demonstrated ability to write stories and reports, take photos, videos and communicate orally with accuracy and professionalism;
- Excellent knowledge of social media tools;
- Graphic design skills desirable;
- Native Ukrainian and Russian, advanced English language.
- Understanding of the main issues regarding the humanitarian situation in Ukraine;
- Representation and facilitation skills and experience;
- Strong communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills;
- Integrative approach: ability to coordinate among different actors with a variety of positions and perspectives, willingness to consult;
- Ability to work independently and as a team member;
- Ability to adapt priorities according to the changing situation based on the context or on the organizations changing priorities;
- Ability to manage stress and pressure;
- Willingness to learn and extend his/her scope of work;
HOW TO APPLY?
Interested candidates should submit their CV and cover letter in English to email@example.com, with “Strategic Communications Advisor Application” in the title. NGO Forum will contact shortlisted candidates.