Transitional Capacity Building Program (September, 2016 – March 31st, 2017)
The project is aimed at implementing a Capacity Building Program focused on the transition from a humanitarian approach to one focusing on early recovery and development. For this purpose, 30 selected national NGOs from Donetsk, Luhansk, Kyiv, Kharkiv, Khmelnytskyi, Zaporizhya and Vinnystya participated in the trainings within the Program. The range of their activities varied form purely humanitarian, right protection and assistance to IDPs, to some advancement towards transition and early recovery.
Training program included:
- Seminar “Transition from humanitarian programs to recovery. Challenges and opportunities”
- Strategic planning session
- Women empowerment: the role of NGOs
- SME and Social entrepreneurship
- Conflict sensitivity and peace building in partnership with International Alert
- Local governance and social order for NGOs
The project is supported by Canada’s Department of Foreign Affairs, Trade and Development (DFATD).