13 Sep 2017
Ukraine NGO Forum is a membership organization that came into existence in the autumn of 2014, as a joint coordination, information sharing, advocacy and capacity building platform that encompass international as well as national NGO’s. While initially created as a primarily humanitarian platform, the NGO Forum is increasingly focusing on development activities. Currently, NGO Forum has 38 members (15 national and 23 international NGOs).
Under the general supervision of the Director of Ukraine NGO Forum and senior program staff, Capacity Building Assistant will work for effective achievement of results, anticipating and contributing to resolving complex program/project-related issues and information delivery.
RESPONSIBILITIES & MAIN TASKS:
- Provide technical and administrative assistance with projects implementation and ensure conformity to expected results and projects work-plans;
- Implement procedures relating to application, selection, testing of participants and short-term consultants within Ukraine NGO Forum capacity building activities;
- Provide logistics support required for the successful implementation of trainings, workshops, meetings and other events within the organization;
- Collect, register and maintain accurate and up-to-date information on all projects activities;
- Engage in professional communication in all correspondence with Ukraine NGO Forum members and partners;
- Do interpretation and translation work to serve program activities if needed;
- Maintain databases to support projects activities;
- Other duties assigned by supervisors.
- Language Skills: advanced level of Ukrainian, Russian and English, (speaking/reading/writing).
- Education Degree: University degree in Social Sciences or related field
- Work experience: Minimum 1 year experience in a similar position (prefered)
- Computer skills: Excellent MS office software including Word and Excel.
- Other: Good time management and logistic skills
- Work in NGO sector
- Management/capacity building
- Honest and trustworthy
- Able to prioritize work, multi-task and meet deadlines;
- Able to take initiative to deal with difficulties encountered in daily work
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Able to manage stress and pressure
- Able and willing to learn to extend his/her scope of work
Starting date: as soon as possible
Duration: 3 months with possible extension
Location: Kyiv with possible travels to Eastern Ukraine (up to 20%)
Working days: Monday to Friday
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates should submit their CV and cover letter including at least 2 reference contacts.
Applications should be sent before Sep, 30th, 2017 to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The position must be clearly indicated on the application. Only candidates who meet the selection criteria will be contacted.