Apply now for the new 4-months “English for NGOs” course that will start in December!
Ukraine NGO Forum is pleased to announce a call for students for the next “English for NGOs” course, which is financially supported by the Regional English Language Office of U.S. Embassy Kyiv.
Course curriculum: The course was designed for professionals of NGOs responding to consequences of the conflict in Ukraine. Course content is based on “English for NGOs” course book developed specifically for NGOs representatives who want to improve their English.
Topics covered in the course include:
- vocabulary specific to NGOs addressing humanitarian needs
- basic humanitarian principles and introduction to Humanitarian Law
- project proposal writing and reporting
- business correspondence with donors, partners and stakeholders
- writing CVs and cover letters
Duration: 4 month, starting from the 1st of December, 2017
Where: Sloviansk, Severodonetsk, Kramatorsk, Mariupol, Kharkiv, Dnipro, Zaporizhzhia, Odesa, Kyiv.
Certificate: In total, student should attend at least 28 classes out of 36 to receive a certificate. Classes will take place twice a week, 1,5 hours long.
Course fee: Participation in the course is free for all selected learners.
- Participant has to be a Ukrainian citizen working in NGO addressing consequences of the conflict in Ukraine.
- English Level Skills at Level B1 or B2 (Intermediate).
- Commitment to attend 1,5 hour long classes twice a week for the duration of the 4-month course and complete home tasks.
- Participants enrolled to the pilot course “English for NGOs-1” in 2016 are NOT eligible to participate.
We strongly encourage all interested employees to apply. Due to a large number of participants we will select up to 2 candidates with the best test results from each NGO. Ukraine NGO Forum will enroll up to 5 workers from Member organizations.
HOW TO APPLY
- Complete the online form with English test: http://bit.ly/2l1SUPv
- Eligible employees who successfully passed the test and provided the Letter of Endorsement will take speaking exams in cities of their residence.
DEADLINE: November 7, 2017 at 12 P.M. The candidates that meet the eligibility requirements and complete online registration form will be notified about in-class testing by November 15, 2017 with further instructions.
Please refer your questions relating to the application process to Liubov Rainchuk at firstname.lastname@example.org, +380509690144.